Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planned Value - Calculated from Baseline Schedule

2 replies [Last post]
Karim Shaheen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

Introduction:

We are preparing for a revised program (Rev.2), the baseline program (Rev.1) already having in-progress activities and will be considered as a baseline for Rev.2 program. The planned dates and planned values to be calculated from the baseline program (Rev.1). So Rev.1 program is assigned as a baseline inside Rev.2 program

Problem:

When I show the Planned Value colum, I am getting a wrong planned value which is based on the planned dates of Rev.1 program while it is supposed to be equal to the Remaining Cost + Actual Cost of Rev.1 program.

Solution Tried:

I have reset the planned dates of Rev.1 program to set it as a baseline for its-self. Unfortunatelly, this is impacting the %complete or the Actual Cost.

Anyone can help on that to get correct Planned value directly from Rev.2 program (with assigned baseline: Rev.1 program)

Regards,

Karim Shaheen

Replies

Karim Shaheen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks, yes it is really good solution but when I did it, the %complete have been affected. If I corrected the %complete again the current dates won't match the planned dates. It is like closed loop process.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
In Rev 1 prior to save as Rev 2 set planned dates=current dates. After doing so save as Rev 2. Then proceed.