Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ORA-12953 , Can not Open P6 v8.2, EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure

3 replies [Last post]
Romil Villanueva
User offline. Last seen 4 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Good afternoon guys, I was hoping to get help from more experienced planners and P6 users out there.

My predicament is that I am using a StandAlond P6 v8.2, I only have 60 schedules in my program. I am using the

usual admin profile to log in. I am managing to access Oracle Database Express Edition 10g.

Below is the snapshot.

from here  I already am using 5Gb of storage, and i reckon thats the reason why I can not log back in P6.

A little help, because I am not and SQL script user yet but browsing the net I can see thats the only way. Clean up the database from Express Edition.

If you have some scripts to use, so I can follow it, line by line.

I will be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Romil Villanueva

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Step 1: Truncate the REFRDEL table:

Data in the REFRDEL table can be truncated, however this should only be done with ALL users logged OUT of the Project Management database.

All retention of data in the REFRDEL table will be lost after this process has been completed.

Launch the Oracle Database Homepage and log in as the ADMPRM$PM account.

The Oracle Database Homepage can be launched by going to Start > All Programs > Oracle Database 10g Express Edition > Go To Database Home Page

On the Database Home Page, click SQL and then SQL Commands

In the top window, type:

Truncate table REFRDEL;

Click Run

If successful, a message will appear in the bottom window stating "Table truncated"

Step 2: Compact your database storage:

Launch the Oracle Database Homepage and log in as the SYSTEM account.

You can login with any account that has DBA privileges to compact storage

The Oracle Database Homepage can be launched by going to Start > All Programs > Oracle Database 10g Express Edition > Go To Database Home Page

On the Database Home Page, click the Administration icon and then Storage.

On the Tasks list, click Compact Storage.

Click Compact Storage.

if you need the Microsoft SQL script I can provide that as well

Once you get back into your P6 Enterprise you need to clean up your projects 

Since you are at your limit you will have to do this slowly step by step because even though you are deleting activities it still needs space to delete activities. They are sort of in limbo in the background until the project is deleted or after 2 days. The background jobs should physically delete the data from your database. 

Once you have cleared enough space only then can you start to delete projects that you no longer need. 

If you think that you still want to hold on to them select file send project and P6 will automatically open your default email program and attach and xer file to your email. Then just send the email to yourself this way you still have the project.

You might want to consider creating a second database to put your future projects in.

Romil Villanueva
User offline. Last seen 4 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

hello Zoltan, yes it is error 12952

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

when you get the error please please select the 'MORE' option when the error occurs, and provide the full stack of the error. So that you can verify that it is the 4 gig limit issue