Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Role Assignment dates do not match Activity dates

4 replies [Last post]
Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have had this specific issue in multiple projects over last couple of years using P6. I know this has been discussed a few times on these forums before with no apparent resolultion. Or none that I could find.

I have a schedule whereby roles are assigned to activities. When i F9 Re-schedule, the activity dates move, but not the dates of the role assignments to those activities. It seems as if there is a broken link between an activity dates and the role/resources assigned to it.

Members here have suggested the following before;

- Roles/Resources follow 'Planned dates'. I have checked Planned dates and the resource dates are not anywhere near those.

- Resource Calendars and Activity Calendars being different -  All my activities and resources/roles are using exactly the same Calendar.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 20 hours ago. Offline

in the Projects directory under resources tab make sure that drive activity dates by default is checked

Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan,

Yes. It is the Early Finish dates in Resource usage profile which sometimes do not match the Activity Finish dates. So as a result, if I have a Role assignment on an activity finishing on say 31-Jan, the remaining hours sometimes go beyond the activity finish dates. Is there an option in the preferences which makes sure that the assignment Early finish dates move along with the Activity finish date?

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 10 min ago. Offline

Maybe the source of this issue is on Bucket Planning.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E54700_01/client_help/en-us/helpmain.htm?toc....

Good luck

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 20 hours ago. Offline

are you looking at remaining early dates in your resource usage profile ?