Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Material resource Default units/time

1 reply [Last post]
Pirzada Umair Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 8 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi to all! I am a bit confused regarding default units/time for any resource matreial specially concrete.Somebody informed me that put ZERO in default units/time in any material resource and after doing this the budgeted units also become zero.Please suggest or guide me what is the correct thing in any Material resource case in P6.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

for material default unit/time use 1 because any thing divided by zero or multiplied by zero is what  ? Yes zero

so what it does is basically is multiplying the default units/time by the duration to get the budget amount and for distribution it is dividing this budget amount duration and is spreading this amount units/time by the start and end date of the activity. So multiplying and or divided anything by zero will be zero.

for example if you have a resource for labor and set the default units/time to be 8 and you have a duration of 5 days it will take the 5 days time 8 hours per day 5*8=40 budgeted units. Then for the distribution it will spread the 40 hours by the units/time in this case 8 so it will show 8 hours per day for 5 day