Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMSDK.ini file missing error during SDK setup

4 replies [Last post]
zyoxizol Gajjar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Anyone who is using P6 SDK successfully should be able to help with my error. I am using 32-bit P6 v7 with 32-bit ODBC data source and 32-bit excel. For some reason I can't get SDK to work.

My error: 

Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=pubuser;pu=pubuser;. Error returned from engine: VDB.Connect; Exception=TCIniFile.Create: Unable to locate .ini file, C:\WINDOWS\PMSDK.ini Error number: 0x80004005

I will appreciate if I get solution to the issue or at least PMSDK.ini file from someone. File is usually located here C:\Windows

Thanks

Z

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 6 hours ago. Offline

here you go 

[Application] SubSuite=E AppType=orion Suite=P3E LastUserName=admin CommonPath=   ApplicationType=ERPM SuiteType=P3E [CustomConfiguration] appoptionspath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Primavera Common\ configfile=   configpath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Primavera Common\ appoptions=SuiteInfo2.xml
zyoxizol Gajjar

Hi Zoltan,

Appreciate your reply.

I checked my C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Primavera Common\PMSDK\Engines but can't find any .INI files there as well as nothing under C:\Windows.

The only reason I thought file was under C:\Windows because I got this error which logged that file was missing from that location.

“”Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=privuser;pu=privuser;.

Error returned from engine: VDB.Connect; Exception=TCIniFile.Create: Unable to locate .ini file, C:\WINDOWS\PMSDK.ini

Error number: 0x80004005”

Anyway, is there any chance of getting my hands on your PMSDK.INI file or what is written in it? It will be a great help if you can post what is written in it as .INI files are only text document (need admin access though).

Thanks again Zoltan (the original Z :) )

Regards,

Z

zyoxizol Gajjar

Hi Zoltan,

Appreciate your reply.

I checked my C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Primavera Common\PMSDK\Engines but can't find any .INI files there as well as nothing under C:\Windows.

The only reason I thought file was under C:\Windows because I got this error which logged that file was missing from that location.

“”Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=privuser;pu=privuser;.

Error returned from engine: VDB.Connect; Exception=TCIniFile.Create: Unable to locate .ini file, C:\WINDOWS\PMSDK.ini

Error number: 0x80004005”

Anyway, is there any chance of getting my hands on your PMSDK.INI file or what is written in it? It will be a great help if you can post what is written in it as .INI files are only text document (need admin access though).

Thanks again Zoltan (the original Z :) )

Regards,

Z

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 6 hours ago. Offline

The default location of the SDK INI file is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\PMSDK\Engines\PMSDK.INI

However mine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Primavera Common\PMSDK\Engines

NOT C:\Windows 

Thanks

The Original "Z"