Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Stacked histogramme, can I show "actuals" on it?

1 reply [Last post]
Tim Isaac
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
I have a nice resource histograme that shows my resource forecast stacked by a resource code that separates direct hires, contract workforce & agency staff. I can show the actual hours expended on a non stacked histograme. Does anyone know if it's possible to show them on a stacked histograme? Yours hopefully Tim

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

you are asking two different quesitons here

can you to show actuals on a non stacked ?

the answer is yes 

can you show stacked actual on a histogram ?

it is easier to do in version 8.2 than 6.2 but it can be done.if you have the resouce codes set up then its easy

to show them stacked 

view show on botom resource profile

in the lower left hand window click on the upside down triangle where it says Display and select Group and Sort By

next select customize

in the group by put in your resource code in there you can also change the font and color for each code 

in the right hand window right click and select resource Usage Profile Options and select actual you can do this for either the units or the costs 

as another method what you can do is to assign a role to each of your resources

then view show on botom resource profile in the lower left hand window click on the upside down triangle where it says Display and choose Select View then By role

then on the rigth hand side rigth click and select stacked histogram 

now right click and select role usage profile options 

this is where you give the roles the diffierent color and patterns that you want to use