Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

BCWP Issue

2 replies [Last post]
Ashley Greatorex
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if I've posted in the wrong thread and also if my explanation of my issue isn't that clear, I am fairly new to planning/P6!

I'm using Primavera P6 v8.2 and have noticed that historic BCWP seems to be moving from previous months, to the current month, even when no progress has been recognised that month.

I have the original baseline plan set as the primary baseline for the forecasted plan. The forescasted plan is the one I make my progress updates on. I am having an issue with activities which are in progress. Say for example I have an activity which is 50% complete, with a cumulative BCWP of £45k (£15k in July,£15k in August and £15k in September). Say in this example there was no progress in October, so the cumulative BCWP is still £45k at the end of October, when I move the data date to the beginning of the next reporting period (beginning of November), P6 is taking a slice of all previous months BCWP, so in this example from July, August and September and putting it in October, distorting the historical BCWP (cumulative remains the same at £45k). 

Now, I'm assuming there is a setting somewhere, that I have accidently changed that is making this happen, but I can't figure out what it is and how to stop it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

Replies

Manochehr Hosseini
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Ashley

Have a look at below address:

http://primaverablog.in/2011/03/using-financial-periods/ 

Regards,

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None