Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

As a Admin, How to Disconnect P6 v8.2 User from Database (Resetting User Session Does Nothing)

5 replies [Last post]
Benjamin Mora
User offline. Last seen 10 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am a P6v8.2 Admin and does anyone know how to cancel a user's connection to the database in P6v8.2.  Resetting their session in the web Admin Portal does nothing.  I don't want to disconnect them using my my server admin rights.    

Replies

Benjamin Mora

Ok, cool.  There's no way to do in P6.  :(

Larry Cortez

One way to kill their session, which I use for locked out users, it to do it from the database.

If using SQL:

From SQL console type the following:

select session_id from USESSION where delete_session_id is NULL and user_id = (select user_id from users where user_name = <enter user name here>);<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Once you have the session ID, type the following:

Delete from UPKLIST where session_id = <enter session id number here>;

Delete from PROJSHAR where session_id = <enter session id number here>;

Delete from USESSION where session_id = <enter session id number here>;

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Remote ending of a P6 session is a minor feature included in our PROJECT WATCH software for P6 System Administrators.  With our software, the System Administrator can watch everything going on inside of EPPM or P6.  You can see each logged-on user and every opened schedule.  You can look deeply into a session of perform historical research about every major action performed.  Look for more at http://scheduleanalyzer.com/pwatch_brochure.htm.

Benjamin Mora

The user is appearing as though they are still logged in to the server even though they are not, wether it is the user nor properly logging out or not is incosequntial.  I need to close their session remotely.  

Larry Cortez

Hi Benjamin,

The Reset User action should only be used when a user gets locked out after too many failed login attempts. What is it you are tyring to accomplish? If you are trying to restrict a user from logging in temporarily, you can remove their module access.