Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMP / CCE in DUBAI

7 replies [Last post]
Mervilyne Pangan...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Im looking for atleast 3 people who are interested to take Project Management Professional or Certified Cost Engineer. Im planning to enroll this month maybe by next week. Our fee will be reduced from 2500 to 2000. I month course for regular session and 2 months for once a week session. Please PM me for those interested.

Thanks,

Replies

Mervilyne Pangan...
Dear Rodel,

I called Chicago Management first..

Before you can take exam, you have to finish the training.

Regards,
PMI PMP certification requires 35 hours of training courses and at least 3 years experience.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Hi Mervilyne,
That’s new to me. Here are some guidelines from Training Centre for PMP-CCE.

PMP CCE requirement

CCE Brochure

Best Regards,
Rodel
Mervilyne Pangan...
Dear Rodel,

I called the Prometric Test Centers in Dubai. Its a pre requisite that you attend the training of 35 hours before you can take PMP Exam. They said even you have 20 years experience still you need to take the training.

Regards,
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Mervilyne,
If you finished an Engineering Course plus 4 years experience you are already qualify to take the exam which is equivalent to 45 (PDU) Professional Development Unit.
Mervilyne Pangan...
Dear Samer,

I think they require points. Even if you are good. Its a pre requisite that you have like 45 pdu’s (not sure if its 45) to be able to take the Exam.

Regards,
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mervilyne,

You do not have to take the course. You need 35 hours with relevent PM experience. The important issue is that when you take the exam you must read the PMOBK a few times and solve as many exam questions as possible.

The importance of the course is to take the necessary credit. It seldom assist if you take the exam more than 1 month later.

With kind regards,

Samer