Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Does MSP 2019 in server allow multiple users to work on the schedule at the same time?

4 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

All, 

Does MSP 2019 in server allow multiple users to work on the schedule at the same time?

regards

Pranab

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Alexandre,

Thats good news and I would ask our IT to investigate how this could be done. 

Thanks very much Alexandre, really appreciate your time. 

regards

Pranab

Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Pranab,

Thanks to one my colleagues, I am able to give additional and interesting infos:

it is now possible for more than one person to open the same MS Project project at the same time, with the following mandatory condition:

this only works with the Project for the Web (P4TW) application, and not with the traditional MS Prolect that you install on your PC; this is on purpose, MS Project Server does not want several people working at the same time on the same project, and people at MS want the project manager to actually drive the project

Alexandre

Alexandre Faulx-B...

Pranab,

Thanks to one my colleagues, I am able to give additional and interesting infos:

it is now possible for more than one person to open the same MS Project project at the same time, with the following mandatory condition:

this only works with the Project for the Web (P4TW) application, and not with the traditional MS Prolect that you install on your PC; this is on purpose, MS Project Server does not want several people working at the same time on the same project, and people at MS want the project manager to actually drive the project

Alexandre

Alexandre Faulx-B...

Hello Pranab,

it would be an unvaluable good surprise!

since the beginning, opening a MSP project managed with MSP Server means "open the project as an exclusive access file";

it is possible for an additional user to access the same project at the same time, on read-ony mode

MSP Server is not Primavera P6, nor Sciforma or Powerproject!

Alexandre