Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project Alternatives on Mac

3 replies [Last post]
Jerry Walker
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi guys, New to the forum but wanted to get some opinions on what you use on Mac instead of Project? I know you can run it via a virtual machine but I'm not a fan of using Windows software on Mac this way. I've checked out some of these alternatives to Microsoft Project For Mac and some of them look pretty good but wanted to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

When you buy a licence, it is linked to a specific email address/set of login details.  Therefore, whoever knows those details can login to use Asta Powerproject from any Citrix-supporting device; Windows PC, Macs, iPads, Andriod tablets etc (but I still recommend you use a mouse as the software is still the same!).

The system is designed so that when you login on a new device, it will terminate any existing sessions - so only one person can be logged in at once and it is always the most recent.  Why?  Well if you leave yourself logged in at home, you'd be fed up when you then got to work and couldn't log in!

So you need to be careful if you do share login details: you'd have to be telling folks your password and make sure they don't jump on and kick you off...  So we do recommend one licence per person, but can't enforce that.

Cheers,

Ben @ Asta Powerproject

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Ben

Do you need a license for each cloud SaaS user?

Best regards

Mike T.

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Jerry,

We now offer Asta Powerproject via an online service (SaaS) - which means the software is hosted in the cloud and we just push you a view of the software to your device.  Means you always have to have an internet connection, but doesn't matter what device you're using.  Currently only available in the UK but planning to widen that if there's demand.

Needing to offer support for a MAC was a big driver behind this new service, as many folks tell us there isn't a comparible tool natively designed for that platform.

Cheers,

Ben @ Asta Powerproject