Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Removing a filter

5 replies [Last post]
Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Ive come back to work after the weekend and opened my programme and cant roll / unroll any of the rollable tasks, I think its because Ive applied a filter to one of my columns before saving and forgotten which column it is.

To save me adding every column I use and checking there is a filter on it (which is what I will be doing now), is there an easy way of finding out which column has a filter on it please?  (for future reference)

Thanks again you helpful people

Replies

David Craig
User offline. Last seen 6 days 23 hours ago. Offline

Im sure F3 gets rid of all filters????

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Christine,

Just have a scan the headers of all columns and you will see one with the filter symbol active. Click on it and then "Select All" like you'd do in Excel.

filter.png

Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

Thanks for the replies.  There was no filter applied after a lengthy search, I closed the project and re-opened it and it seemed to work fine... must have been a bug! 

Jerome - the only time I use Data > Filter is when Im doing a time slice or critical path.  There was no filter applied from this box, rather it was one of the autofilters performed on one of the columns, so Data > Filter was showing "No Filter".  If you use autofilter on top of the columns (like in excel), MSP prevents you from expanding and collapsing bars.  So if you remov the column the filter is performed on and shut the project down, have a sleep and come back and forget which column had the filter on it can be a royal pain!

Mike - nope, no clear all filters (im hoping someone can correct me).  MSP isnt the greatest but it's what I have to use unfortunately.  But, to be fair, MSP 2013 seems a heck of a lot less buggy than previous iterations so I can let this time slide ;)

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

capture.png

Under View Tab and within Data Group, set Filter to "[No Filter]"

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Christine

Surely MSP has a Clear All Filters button - even P6 has that feature.

Best regards

Mike Testro