Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remove Sub-project from Master Project

3 replies [Last post]
Rusydi Usman
User offline. Last seen 18 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,
Need your help from ’MSP Master’, I’m using MSP 2003 in creating a Master schedule consist of some sub-projects. I want to remove one of subproject by cutting or deleting the task but it doesn’t work. Can anyone help me how to do this?

regards,
rusydi

Replies

Matthew James
User offline. Last seen 16 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
First post here,

Got just what I needed from this thread. Fixed the issues and working hard again!

Thanks.

Great site!

Matt
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

A very nice person over at PC Productivity Training took the time to offer the following possible solution...

The answer to his question is this:

This is a problem that has been addressed by Microsoft and there is a patch for it that can be downloaded on their website. There is nothing that he is doing wrong, it is on the programming side of Project 2003- the link to the update/hotfix is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832887/

I found it when I was looking for my own problem of the Master project overwriting the start dates of the subprojects when they were inserted into the master.

Regards.