Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Driving calendars

2 replies [Last post]
Stuart Atkinson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 11 weeks ago. Offline

Everyone,

I currently have a 14 day (7 day calendar-no BH holidays) running through Christmas. It is the last path on the network, barring a finish milestone for 'planned completion'. which is its successor. This milestone has a 5 day claendar. As the previpous 14 day task is showing a finish of 30/12/11 the milesone finishes at the same (not honouring its calendar). If it was to honour its calendar, it should read 09/01/12. Can anyone tell me how to make the succeeding task calendar be the driver in MSP 2007 Pro.

Thanks Stuart

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Stuart

As soon as a predecessor task comes out of a none work period the successor task will drop into the first available work day available in its own calendar.

A milestone - having no duration - will drop into a very small gap - even 1 second long.

So make sure you calendars and work patterns are concurrent with no gaps.

Also check what calendars are on the resources.

Best regards

Mike Testro.

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Stuart,

I don't have 2007 so not 100% sure, but could this  be because a milestone has zero duration, and hence there is no work being done on the milestone during the non-work day of 30/12/11?

What happens if you make the milestone a 1 day activity with a -1d lag?