Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

2007 Earned Value Bug

2 replies [Last post]
Trevor Jordan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing problems using the ’Task Earned Value Over Time’functionality to produce EV Pivot Tables and Graphs. The data in the AC field is incorrect while PV and EV fields have no data.

No problems with the same data in 2003.

Best Regards,

Trevor

Replies

Trevor Jordan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alexandre,
Thanks for your reply.
I have done some investigation and I have found out the excact field which is corrupted. In the table ’Cost’ the field ’Total Cost’ is being calcultated incorrectly. This is why we cannot use Visual Reports to generate a graph and pivot table.

But having said that all other table fields are correct. I refer to the fields in the following tables:
1. Earned Value
2. Earned Value Cost Inidcators
3. Earned Value Scheduling Indicators

This can be proven by going to the ’Task Usage’view and using the ’Format’ Tab and inserting the Earned Value Fields, BCWS ACWS and BCWP via the ’Detali Styles.

Also it can be seen it is calculating the fields correctly by going to the ’Report’Tab, Select ’Reports’ Select ’Cost Reports’ Select ’EV’ reports.

I have a teleconference with Microsoft next Monday so hopefully we will see a resoultion on this very frustrating problem.

I will keep the forum informed.

Regards,

Trevor.