Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP project service pack 2 problems

4 replies [Last post]
Tom Hadley
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi all

a few months ago I was using MSP2003 standard and found I was having problems with not being able to fix indents and outdents.

I eventually found that this was a "known problem" as they say in the software houses, that there was a "service pack" or bug fix

Has any one else experienced this problem

I also suggest that if you are running any version of MSPorject that you check regularly for "service Packs" otherwise you could be inadvertantly causing errors in your calculations because the bug has not been fixed.

Even registering the software with Microsoft does not guarantee that they will inform you of bugs. Howeveer there is a service now, where you can register for service pack notifications

Good luck

Replies

Tom Hadley
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
My reply is to Paul the moderator

Using the term "well known" is a matter of opinion. How does it become well known if MS do not inform people ! In NSW, Australia at least, a product with a bug like this classifed as not fit for purpose and normally you would get your maoney back . However we are all involuntary Beta testers in one way or another I suppose
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
This was a well know problem with early versions of MSP and was fixed with a MSP2003 Hot Fix 832887.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Tom,

I’ve heard of this problem on many occasions. I’ve yet to use MSP 2003, so have not encountered it personally.

James.