Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project Questions

12 replies [Last post]
Bryan Place
User offline. Last seen 18 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Need Answers to a few questions on MS Project.

Does MS Project allow you to adjust schedules for 12 hour/10 hour work shifts with multiple shifts on the same job?

Does Project adjust total cost for Holiday/Weekend shift differential?

Does Project allow you to easily change the default hours of work to fit your Outage schedule?

I am trying to determine if MS Project is the correct software to utilize. Any info would be appreciated.

Replies

Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Please dont jump on Vladimir. We should be grateful to have Vladimir active in this forum. I did read Vladimir’s post and reply, and i found it interesting. So if Spider can provide the answers not found in Microsoft Project, then, so be it. It is for us individual members to dig deeper and conclude if such comments has relevance to the work we are involve with. In addition, as we dig deeper, it will give us broader understanding of the different planning software available in the world market.

Cheers,

Charlie
Hemanth,
you are not right. I suggested to see in Spider Project only those solutions that can not be found in other software. And I expect that for professionals it may be of interest as for me it is interesting to learn the unique solutions that are suggested by different software vendors. It does not mean that I will buy the software but still I will learn useful approaches. Some people like to learn.
Regards,
Vladimir
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Dear Vladmir

Your Only Solution To Every Planning Problem Is "Spider Project"
Go To WWW......Com Download free trial etc

Take A Impartial Look At All Your Posts

Thanks
Hemanth
Marcio,
I agree. That is why I am trying to keep this discussion for managing shifts.
I don’t know how to help Bryan with managing shifts using MS Project. But I still hope that somebody may suggest some workaround.
Regards,
Vladimir
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Vladmir and Hemanth;

I know that we will always find people on forums that disagree in some subjects. And it’s good.

But I believe that we can use Planning Planet for better discussions.

This thread started with important questions and u are changing the subjet and not helping Bryan Place.

Best regards.

Marcio Eduardo
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
Dear Hemanth,
thank you for your interest to my postings.
If you want to discuss anything that was contained in them let’s do it in a separate thread. Let’s leave this one for MS Project Questions - in particular to shift work simulation.
Best Regards,
Vladimir
Hemanth Kumar
Dear sir

I was considering your several threads
Dear Hemanth,
it is a pity that my answers to some specific questions are considered as trying to sell. I expected that professional project planners will be interested in the approaches that are used in the software where the features they are asked about are realised. We don’t promote Spider in the countries where we have no partners, but I’ll be glad to discuss professional issues with the collegues. Unfortunately there are few people that support such discussions.
I expected that somebody will discuss shift work simulation in this thread. Instead of this I received your answer. It’s a pity that few project planners are really interested in resource work simulation and schedule optimization.
You may like Spider Project interface and graphics or not, it is a matter of taste, but this thread is about shift simulation and if you want to discuss Spider Project graphics let’s do it in some other forum.
Best Regards,
Vladimir
Hemanth Kumar
Dear Vladmir

You Are Trying To Sell Spider Project through these colums for a longtime

I TRIED IT , WHAT AN AWKWARD INTERFACE AND GRAPHICS?
Are you sure, Alexandre?
Can you explain how it can be done in this package?
Bryan,
the only package that simulates shifts is called Spider Project. MS Project does not do what you want.
Regards,
Vladimir