Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project and multiple resource pools

2 replies [Last post]
Irfaan Adams
User offline. Last seen 18 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I wasn wondering if it is possible to use multiple resource pools e.g we have 3 departments, a civils, structures and transportation department. I have a resource pool for each department setup already. But sometimes a rare occurance occurs and I need resources from say civils and structures pools on the same project.
N e suggestions?

Thanks
Irfaan

Replies

Will Russell
User offline. Last seen 11 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Due to the way MSP generates assignments you can only share resources between two project files at any time.

If you had one resource pool, and used the "Resource group" field, when you come to work on your plans you could then filter on the resources you want to see, either by using the drop down menu in the resource view or when using the "Assign Resources" box check the "Resource list options" and use the filter options to view the relevent resources.

Hope this helps.

Will