Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problems while updating the actual work hours

4 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When I update the actual hours for completed task, the actual finish date does not get updated. when I manually type in the actual finish date, the % complete changes to 100%, duration gets automatically calculated(which is totally wrong), actual hours changes and it is equal to work and rem work is 0hrs.

Note: Effort Driven is unchecked.

When I have Effort Driven checked, I dont face the above problem but when I enter the actual hours, it modifies the actual start and actual finish dates.

How do I handle this problem??? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

Shree Vidya Jayar...
User offline. Last seen 19 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Raj! It works fine.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
I don’t understand what is the exact problem you are facing? But I can clear you that when you give the actual date different than scheduled and actual work then MSP calculates work progress and the current schedules changes as the actual and based on remaining duration of the activity, it shows current finish date. If you still have the problem let me know what is your Task Type & whether it is effort driven?
Shree Vidya Jayar...
User offline. Last seen 19 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Raj!

When the actual start date is same as the planned start date and update the actual hours everything works fine.

My problem is when the actual start date is different form the planned start date and when I update it everything goes for a toss.

Please help me with this problem.

Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
If you are looking to update "work" then fill the actual hours for the activities progressed or completed then select all updated activities then "update the project" by clicking "reschedule uncompleted work to start after" you will find the remaining work rescheduled with new finish date.