Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project 2002 SP1 - install problem

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello everybody.

I have MS Proj 2002 installed on Win2K, from the CD with no updates. I noted that there is a SP1 for this on MS site so I downloaded it and clicked on it to install. It asks for CD - OK; then it accesses CD, HDD spins - all activity then stops and the installer exits - with the message "Installer terminated unexpectedly (or similar). Proj 2002 is not updated but still runs OK.

Anybody else had similar problems or know of a solution - I have scoured web but not seem anything to help.

Anybody out there had / solved similar?? Thanks.

Mel P

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks - I’ll visit m-soft / try others
Mel
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline
I have not installed the Service Pack, but the type of thing I try when this happens with other software are:

1. Uninstall and re install the software
2. Try installing the Service Pack in Safe Mode
3. Try copying the software install disk from the CD to my hard disk and during update reference the CD on the hard disk not the CD.
4. There is a Microsoft chat room if you still have problems. http://support.microsoft.com

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers
www.eh.com.au

PS people with MSP 2003, there is a hot fix to make indenting and outdenting work properly.