Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project & EOT Delay Analysis

2 replies [Last post]
Roger Gibson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
I am interested to hear about the experiences of anyone who has used MS Project for Extension of Time submissions or Delay Analysis.

In particular, if the submissions & analysis used ’Time Impact Analysis’ mthodology or other methodologies, such as ’As Planned Impacted’ & ’Collapsed As-Built’.

My experience of using MSProject for EOT/Delay Analysis work has been not very good and I would normally transfer the project data and logic into other database-driven software packages such as P3 or Artemis before using any of the above Delay Analysis techniques.

Have I missed some of the values of MSProject in that it can be used for EOT/Delay analysis work?

Replies

Roger Gibson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Tom,

I agree entirely, and I’ve only had 15 years of forensic analysis experience with EOT’s/delays. What is your preferred software?

Tom Hadley
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
see my thread re primavera. My recommendation after 20 years of using MS porject is dont use it for EOT, very very risky !