Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Date

3 replies [Last post]
Raz Sawar
User offline. Last seen 22 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have this curious problem with the date sequence in project 2000. I set a task to start on say Feb. 2001 and finish on Feb. 2002. The gantt chart view shows the task to be over the above stated but when i assign a resource to it the resource usage and graph view show the task to be over a period of feb 2001 - march 2001 and from january 2002 to december 2002. Could this have something to do with the fiscal year settings? Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
You have to "check" the calendar for the resource assigned to your activity to see if you have any non-work periods specified for the the period of the activity.

Am I too late in replying to this one!!

Jason
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
The default MS Project setup to for resources to be driving. In Tools/Options/Schedule, uncheck the box "New tasks are effort driven" & Default Task Type "Fixed Duration" (both these will stop this problem from happening with new tasks. For existing tasks, In the Task Form for the activity, ensure the Task Type is "Fixed Duration" and the "Effort Driven" box is unchecked. Check the Calendar for the resource assigned to your activity to see if you have any non-work periods defined for the the period of the activity. Hopefully this will solve your problem.
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Reading your query won't be enough to answer you question. Please email me your file, then after evaluating it, I'll send you my findings. Best regards, Se