Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Further structuring of topic folders

2 replies [Last post]
Marcus Love
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi there,

I was wondering if the strcuture of each forum topic couldbe broken down:

i.e. forum topic:

Primavera Version PM5 / PM6
  • Baseline Knowledge
  • Constrainsts
  • Database
  • Set-up
  I understand that we can take advantage of the 'search' feature, however I thought channelling the vast amount of conversations and threads would make it easier for all of us to find the information we are looking for faster.   Thank you for providing an opportunity to give feedback Regards,
Marcus

Replies

Marcus Love
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike, 

as far the grouping part, fair enough. As long as it works for the majority of the PP members.

As for the 'constraints', you are right, it shouldn't be a Primavera topic solely. Totally my bad being a P6 user.

Best Regard, 

Marcus

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Marcus

I think the infinite variety of sub-topics would make it unworkable.

There would have to be a catch all basket for queries that didn't quite fit into the stated category and then you would have the same problem.

Apart from that current PP members seem to find it difficult to put their queries under the correct headings as they stand.

And in any case why should "constraints" be a sub topic of only P6?

Best regards

Mike Testro