Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Charleston, Don’t Give Up

12 replies [Last post]
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Charleston,

I know it’s never been easy for you, but don’t give up.

Moving to another forum is not the answer you wish to take, and I believe there’s still a bright side of you to continue here in PP.

I know you can still make it good here. What do you thinks guys?

Regards,
R. Catalan

Replies

R. Catalan
Thanks Mike for asking. Burley is a nickname given by my father.

Best regards,
R. Catalan
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Burley - who or what is Burley?

Are we drifting off into Necroplanicus territory?

We all need to know.
R. Catalan
Nestor,

Thank you so much.

Chris,

Well, having Charlie back is really a good present. I still have 8 hours 21 minutes to wait.

Thanks Chris, I know you’re a good person. Burley means a lot to me.

Many thanks to both of you.

R. Catalan

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi R Catalan,

I hope you have a really great birthday, but if having Charlie back is what you want as a birthday present, I think you may be in for a disappointment. That aside, I wish you all that you would wish yourself and that your day is full of joy.

On a completely separate aside, does the name Burley mean anything to you?

Chris Oggham
Nestor Principe
User offline. Last seen 12 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Pards,

I remember when I was in Saudi, I treat all my friends to 2 rounds of non-alcoholic beer and broasted chicken during my B-day.

Happy B-day R.

Cheers,
Nestor
R. Catalan
Mimoune,

Thank you so much.

R. Catalan
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
hihi happy birthday ;)
R. Catalan
Charleston,

There comes a time when you start adding up all the pluses and minuses of your life, and then you finally noticed that those minuses can be pluses if you had only done something good about it.

Come back Charleston! I do believe some PP members misses your posts whether it is delivered with help in mind, anger, disbelief, and whatever they call it.

PP members are professionals, and being one knows how to forgive and forget.

By the way, it’s my birthday today.

Cheers to everyone,

R. Catalan
R. Catalan
Chris,

Yes, I definitely want Charlie to reconcile with everybody. That is the best way to be.

And I do agree that Charlie has to do his part.

Thanks Chris,

R. Catalan
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi R Catalan,

I wish I knew your first name, as I think you are one of the kindest people I’ve ever come across. Even now, after Charlie has left Planning Planet, you are still striving for a reconciliation.

The major drawback to your idea, is that in order for there to be a reconciliation, Charlie would have to change. The first step in that process would be for Charlie to offer an apology to the people he has insulted and for the time he has wasted. He would not do that, which indicates to me that not only is he not prepared to change, he won’t even consider changing.

Charlie, to my mind, doesn’t want to be part of Planning Planet, he wants to ’own’ it, he wants it to be his, or to be part of it only on his terms. The two Davids have it right, there are a lot of people who don’t want him as part of Planning Planet on his, or indeed any other terms.

The terms Planning Planet lays down aren’t restrictive, they’re no more, really, than what is required for people from different countries and different cultures to get along together and help each other. Charlie, could not or would not accept that, and eventually his actions caught up with him and, rather than offer the apology requested, he left.

Please don’t spend any more of your time working for a reconciliation, because I don’t believe it will happen. Not just because there are a lot of people in Planning Planet who don’t want him back, but because now that he has left, Charlie won’t want to come back.

Chris Oggham

Dave Crosby
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
All participants are required to comply with the forum rules.

You will notice that there is an agreement under every post you make which states "By clicking on this "Post Now" button, I declare that I’ve read the Forum Rules and agree to them."

This person has made it clear he does not wish to conform to these rules. He has accepted the consequences of his choices.

Regards,

Dave.
David Wallace
User offline. Last seen 2 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
No Thanks