Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New sections based on wisdom and language

13 replies [Last post]
Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline

Hi PP admin,

Exchanging ideas with other members, we would like to suggest the following;

Two sections based on wisdom, for instance: basic and advanced.

Two sections based on language: English section : no debate about this language as mandatory one.

Second language: if possible, looking forward your comments on the criteria for choosing the second language.

Cheers,

Replies

Sreejith Nair
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hi!
Those who love to debate on wisdom : Please watch the movie : "Peaceful Warrior"
In that movie Nick Nolte says "Knowledge is knowing how to do and.... wisdom is doing that !"
Anyways.. its good to listen to wisdom of senior planners (Especially for young people like me!)

All the best & my support to Carmen.

Cheers!

Sreejith

http://pmkarma.blogspot.com/
Carmen Arape
Chris,

I was the originator of this thread. Having used the word wisdom in an appropriate or inappropriate way, my thread ended in a spiritual or philosophical exchange of ideas.

Back to the start point: two sections based on ????? , my suggestion was : basic and advanced or may be : ONLY technical planners and planners with management or leadership background.

Regarding language: my suggestion remains the same: English and …. . My personnal vote: Spanish.

I will send a private message to the administrator. Keep you posted

Cheers,
carmen
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Carmen,

No reply yet from Charlie. I think he must be even more shocked than he said in his post #9. Going back to your original post, have we given PP Admin enough, or do we need to come up with some suggestions as to how the new sections would be structured and operate?

Chris Oggham
Carmen Arape
Sensei,

As a Christian Believer, I have learnt with the nuns at Catholic schools that the Holy Spirit is part of the Christian dogma that you accept as an act of faith. Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity that you accept once you are baptized as Christian.

To confirm this, please read Matthew 3:16&17....16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Please Charlie, tell me what I should read in the Bible regarding Holy Sprit linked to wisdom.

Teasing Mr. Charlie: Due to I am lost Christian. Are you going to burn me alive ???

Cheers,
Chris Oggham
Charlie,

I’m curious to know where you get this idea that "WISDOM COMES FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT"? Now I’ve had a look at the Christian manual, the Bible, and I can’t find anything that agrees with your hypothesis.

I found a number of references to the "spirit of wisdom" (Deuteronomy 34:9 for example), but nothing that supports your statement. The closest I could get to a statement as to where wisdom comes from was this:-

Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.
Proverbs 9:9

This accords more with what Carmen’s been saying than with your assertion that "WISDOM COMES FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT".

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Carmen,

I’m shock to know your a convert or a believer of Chris thought.

I CAN’T BELIEVE this is happening.

Please reconsider, maybe you are lost.

This is only a very simple philosophy, WISDOM COMES FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Cheers,
Charlie
Carmen Arape
Annon

Who anyway defines something ??? I believe that anyone has a bit of wisdom and foolishness among others qualities. May be more foolishness than wisdom.

If my wisdom quote confused you, you might pay attention to Chris’s quote of wisdom. I like it.

Cheers,
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Carmen,

if saying something means something, then that makes Wise and Fools the same, but who anyway defines something?
Carmen Arape
Chris,

Your intervention on this topic gave me the opportunity to extend my view regarding wisdom.

Understanding wisdom should be seen by the ABC approach, which means Aristotle, Buddha and Confucius.
What did they say about wisdom??

“Confucius stated that wisdom can be learned by three methods: Reflection (the noblest), imitation (the easiest) and experience (the bitterest). ...”

"Wisdom in Buddhism can refer to two types of insight: conventional wisdom and ultimate wisdom:
Conventional wisdom relates to understanding the conventional world, or the world as we know it. Traditionally it refers to understanding the way in which karma functions..."

And Aristotle?? let’s think in my Wikipedia definition.

To end with a wisdom quote:
“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Charlie,
“The Holly spirit” sounds like “to say something”.

Cheers,
Chris Oggham
Charlie,

I think I understand what you mean with your reference to Hitler, it’s somewhat similar to a saying of Lao-tzu.

"A wise man has no extensive knowledge; He who has extensive knowledge is not a wise man." [Lao-tzu, "Tao te Ching," c.550 B.C.E.]

However, I don’t think it’s quite that simple, and I tend to agree with Carmen when she cites the Wikipedia definition. One definition I feel comfortable with is:-

"The quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight."

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
Carmen,

As Wikipedia say

"According to Wikipedia: Wisdom is having gained knowledge, understanding, experience, discretion, and intuitive understanding, along with a capacity to apply these qualities well."

It is not correct. The worst example was Hitler. Hitler gained knowledge, understanding, experience, etc. with Jews. Wisdom?????? But what have he done? He created a program to exterminated the Jews. And during that time a lot of people believe that what Hitler did was right (apply this quality well).

But that difinition of Wisdom from Wikipedia is not right.
People may have all those qualities and the application was done well but not universal in agrement meaning only their acolyte agreed, mga sipsip, ass lickers, etc., this is very true to dictators, people with superiority complex, megalomania, etc.

It is not wisdom for wisdom is guided by the Holy Spirit.

For example, Mother Theresa. Her action are indeed wisdom.

Another example. HMMMMmmmm

Cheers
Charlie
Carmen Arape
Sensei,

I do respect your understanding of wisdom but I do not agree specially by saying “actions guided by the holy spirit”.

According to Wikipedia: Wisdom is having gained knowledge, understanding, experience, discretion, and intuitive understanding, along with a capacity to apply these qualities well.

It is the judicious application of knowledge. To some extent the terms wisdom and intelligence have similar and overlapping meanings.

The status of wisdom or prudence as a virtue is recognized in cultural, philosophical and religious sources.

We can argue about this meaning under psychological, religious or philosophical perspectives. You are cordially invited to join a separate discussion on this matter.

As a senior planner I have gained some understanding, experience, discretion and intuitive understanding, along with my capacity to apply these qualities well( may be not so well).

I do believe that I and some planners here deserve the term without being named arrogant.

QRious about your native language that apparently it is not English. Do agree with you about Spanish.

Cheers,
Charleston-Joseph...
Hello Carmen,

My understanding of Wisdom is the highest form of philosophy and action guided by the Holy Spirit.

Not all individual are guided by the Holy Spirit much more know about the Holy Spirit, hence no way they will ever have Wisdom.

so it is possible that PP members will only share experience, ideas, and post office services (transmitting ideas by others, not their very own, providing link).

For the second language, I prefer my native language or Spanish.

Cheers,
Charlie