Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

THE RADICAL PLANNER

8 replies [Last post]
Edgar Ariete
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi to All,

Where are you now in the development of this Planet? I haven’t seen any Planning Planet Institute, Planning Planet Bookstore, Planning Planet Grocery Store, or even a Planning Planet Psyc...Hospital!

I don’t mind if you will post or not, but THIS IS OPEN!

(i just hope it really is...)

Replies

Edgar Ariete
Hi there,

Where are you going Raja & Charlie? This is planning we are talking about, just stick to the subject matter & enjoy the ride...don’t let the thing go bland...Planning is endless....otherwise the big boys will stop creating what really fits in what...
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charles,
its same thinking but diffrent idea, just to make our Mr Edgar Cheer with his radical question, one and only radical planner lefted behind after they retreat year 90.
may god bless edgar.ha ha. by the way charles ...i want to say now u are very good with your ACRONYMS
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,

No point for the two of you going the opposite way in your thinking.

Remember, Edgar consider Raja his BFF.

On the other hand two people do think differently.

Radical Planner are vanishing because redicalism was associated with the communist movement in the early 50 to 90.

The new world is to live together and enjoy life as a planner. Just plain planning.

Cheers
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Edgar,
Necessary or not, to buy expensive software...its up to the user to evaluate the software, what the use for, what they spend for and what they get. To me it worth to buy software can make money.
Edgar Ariete
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the nutritious advice. Yes I agree with you, but what do you really mean by formal planning & where does it applies?...is it really necessary in some aspect? I mean we’re now living in a world of machines & yet very few people are even aware of it...and it’s still rolling...

Are these expensive softwares really necessary?
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Edgar,

In your last post you say:

If No, then how did small businesses survive?

This seems to imply that small business don’t plan.

While small businesses might not have a formal planning set-up, they do plan, even if these plans are contained solely within the head of the owner. Small businesses survive due to the ability of their owner/manager to work towards a goal or a set of desired results usually within a set time frame. While this might not be written down or recorded in some other fashion, or even explicitly stated, it is still a plan.

Whether it’s realistic or achievable is another matter. Where it is realistic and achievable, small businesses become medium and even big businesses and this is usually where the formal planning process comes in.

So to answer your question small business do plan and, if their plans are realistic and achievable, some of them survive.

Chris Oggham
Edgar Ariete
Thank you Mr. Jonker (I do respect seniors)

Can any business run without planning? (simple subtraction).

If No, then how did small businesses survive?

(don’t worry, i won’t apply that on your name)
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Simply put Edgar, this is a forum for planners, and not e-Bay, next question??