Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Applying for positions on the PP

10 replies [Last post]
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
I dont understand the logic behind us having to refer 2 planners to this site if we want to apply for a position.

We are a small circle off people and all the Planners I know have joined Planning plannet.

The point I’m making is planners are not like bananas that can be found everyday. I think you should apply this rule to new subscribers only.

Replies

Sen Moc
User offline. Last seen 18 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Phillip,

Why are you so much concerned and always make comments of the spelling in PP postings?

From what I noticed in all the PP threads, most are committing spelling mistakes... and that includes you. It is evident in your popular "Democracy vs. Tota..." thread -- check the subject... and who wrote that?? and there are a lot of other instances in your posts.

C’mon man, forget about that spell checker thing just to break the topic and flow of discussion.

Sen
Joel Gilbert
Philip Jonker
Self Employed / Contracting Work
Member since Nov 2004

South Africa
590 Posts RE: NUMBER OF ACTIVITIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Vlad

pilplan@iafirca.com

Many thanks mate

Phil,

Above is the E Mail address you sent to Vlad on another forum.
Shouldn’t it read iafrica.com?
Hey and I didn’t send you a silly comment on your spelling did I? that’s exactly the point I made on a earlier posting, PP is designed to Help Planners not pass silly remarks.

Let’s Keep PP informative.

Thanks
Joel Gilbert
That’s rich coming from you
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Joel. use your spell checker, you language is atrocious
Joel Gilbert
Thanks,
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

The ’tell your friends about us’ idea has been around from day one. Making this a requirement for job application is a new thing. This was a suggestion made by some planners who thought we should collectively help us tell the world about us (by recommending members). We are currently thinking of how we should take this forward in order to be fair to everyone. You have made some valuable points. Thanks.

In repsect of PPers who have already recommended new joiners; often these new joiners arrive with us and do not advise us that they were recommended by member ’x’, thus you (myself included) do not get credit for this recommendation. In these cases we have tweaked the users file to take account of this lost-recommendation. Please let someone here know if your recommendees have not been attributed to you. We will sort it for you.

Hope this helps?

PP Admin.
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Most probably they are still discussing how to reply the question OR how to solve this issue.

:D :D :D
Joel Gilbert
Why no reply from the moderators?
Simon Mawdsley
User offline. Last seen 10 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
I agree will Joel, there comes a time when there just aren’t any more planners left around to recommend. I have also told others about this site who have registered separately.

If you have to log in to use the site it must mean you have registered, what more does PP need than that?
Joel Gilbert
To the moderators,

I have been a member for some time (Hence my number). I have recommended a few Planners to PP without using your recomendation process as it was not even in place then. I now would like to use the norms and I find myself limited to 10 because of not having recommended anyboby using your system. Example of Members 3149,9805 and 11497 are just a few members that come to mind that have joined you through my telling them. Now that I need the info urgently I cannot recomend anybody unless I make it up. Can you please assist me. I’m sure the length of time of a member should count in his favour.

Please insert the recommended members so that I can use the Prod-rates fully.

Thanks.