Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Forum Answering

8 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It was suggested that we ask members to regularly review the forum and to answer questions wherever possible.

This sounds like a good idea. Once anyone has answers over a certain number of posts, they could become a Planning MVP (Most Valued Professional!)

Perhaps once a user becomes a Planning MVP, their details, including their consultancy, or training portal etc could be put on a Top 20 listing type of thing.

got any ideas??

Replies

Forum Guest
Hi there,

Yes, we have added the "signature" and "preview/edit" requests to the development list - both Great Ideas.

Hope we can get them sorted for you.

Development Team.
Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Dear Development Team,

I know yoú are quit busy, but still improvements/questions arise.

Could it be possible to create a signature (as in outlook) which is attached to forum replies?

Great!

Ed van der Tak
ARAM Planning Consultants
The Netherlands etc.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
The motion for allowing a user to edit a message that they have posted is hereby seconded!

I added a web link using the formatting guide supplied and it does not work correctly. See Size of Software in the first forum.
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Can you add the feature to allow an author to edit a forum post. I only ask cos I sometimes @#$% it up.

Either that or a preview reply button.
Forum Guest
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the continued assistance. We get loads of suggestion, but most are via email. It would help if members used the forum as we have several people answering the email and the "actions" get mixed around a little.

Still, thanks for the response. I will ask James to do the "mailme" default.

Regards.
Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Guys,

Could you define the tickmark "e-mail me" as being default on?

This also reminds me were I responded to (if any reaction ofcourse).

Regards,

Ed
Forum Guest
This is a great idea. If it’s viable, imitating what Microsoft Phil. is doing would encourage a lot of ideas in the message forum.

In Microsoft, they’re giving away some items for those members who contribute a lot to the message board.
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jake,

This is good Idea, so as we can encourage the profesionls to open the fourm and answer questions

I agree with you.
Regards
Ali
---------------------------------