Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

CLAIM ASSESSMENT

1 reply [Last post]
Mervilyne Pangan...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 36 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Kindly advice me with the correct assesment on Contractor's Claim. I have a discussion with the PMC since he is applying his method for giving entitlement on Contractors Claim. PMC requested 2 seperate programs since there are two events. Second, he use baseline program and run apply actuals. He said that this method is used widely for assesing the claim. The 2 Impacted programs also he asked from the COntractor is baseline with a zero progress for both. I felt that what he is doing is wrong. In my understanding, you have to use the Latest Progress Update which is exerpt from the approved baseline program.

Regards,

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Mervilyne.

Everything depends on ther quality and accuracy of the As Built data.

You must also take into consideration whether the delay event is recent and impacting on work in progress or historic.

From your description he is using an "Impacted as Planned" method which is correct for work in progress and the original approved programme is the proper baseline.

A refinement is to progress all the works on the baseline immediately before the date of the impact of the event - "Time Impact" method but you do need good progress data for this to work accurately.

Both methods are entirely theoretical and any EoT should be awarded with caution.

Best regards

Mike Testro