Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Asta Powerproject BIM

2 replies [Last post]
Martin Corkill
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Are any of you using the BIM feature in PowerProject? I'm trying to, but for some reason, when it opens the IFC4 file, everything is gray? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Martin

Replies

Artur Pilipczuk
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, In most cases I'm receiving 3d models from Clients in Navisworks nwd format. I'm converting it to ifc 2x3 format using Iconstruct addon to Navisworks. I had no issue with colors so far. You can try to open ifc file in any viewer and if it is all gray then it's the file's problem. I'm also receiving ifc files generated by Tekla and also there,s no issue with colors. Artur
Bian Mutang Tagal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Martin,

Normally when we import something into BIM tools and it is gray that means the textures are missing - sometimes the textures are stored as a file that must be imported together. Sometimes, it is the settings used to create the IFC file in the BIM authoring tool that may be the issue - maybe this post I found online may provide some clues (https://forums.buildingsmart.org/t/where-and-how-will-my-colors-be-saved...)