Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Float and dates don't nake sense

3 replies [Last post]
Catherine Groves
User offline. Last seen 3 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a schedule with a must finish by date of 6/24/21. The early finish for the project is 6/29/21, so about 5 days behind schedule. But it is showing -170 days of total float. I am not sure where this is computing from. The imposed finish is 6/24/2021 in properties. I have never had this happen before. Is there something I should at?

All my other projects are showing correct float. It is only this one.

Thanks

Replies

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi, Catherine. The good news is that if you need to compress your schedule by 5D, in Asta Powerproject you are using one of the very few software packages (along, notably, with Spider Project) that does the CPM computation of critical path drag that facilitates that process.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan

Catherine Groves
User offline. Last seen 3 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Ben. Will do. 

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 3 hours ago. Offline

Hi Catherine,

Can you email your .pp file to support@elecosoft.com and mention the problem, and then we can see what is causing this.

Thanks,

Ben @ Powerproject