Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Consumable/Permanent resource allocation ASTA PowerProject

1 reply [Last post]
Ian Appleton
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am trying to allocate the use of 800 ton of 6N material to several tasks to allow me to assess the total daily demand.

Consumable resources cannot be levelled is there a way around this by perhaps using permanent resources?

I am struggling to ensure that the allocation is correct ie. 800t per day on each task to which the resource is assigned.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 11 hours ago. Offline

I do not use Asta Powerproject but suggest as a workaround assigning cost per unit of time to each activity using a cost component, name it as “6N - Tons” for this purpose, then you shall be able to figure out daily consumption.

You can use several such cost components and their codes for same activity; for example formwork activities can include form area and reinforcing steel.  You can use another cost code to track cost expense by total as well as by sub-categories such as labor/materials/equipment/subcontracts/other and then report actual, planned and remaining per desired period.  For cost reports use individual cost codes or cost centers that will include only monetary costs.

photo Consumable as Cost Code - 02_zpsp85pld4g.png

photo Consumable as Cost Code_zpsxhedvxhj.png

We use Consumable Resources named by developer as Materials, we can select materials to be leveled or not to be leveled.

I hope you can adapt this workaround to Asta Power Project.

Good luck.

Resource Types: Renewable and Consumable Resources

Presentation: Spider Consumable and Spatial Resources