Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tables

3 replies [Last post]
Abby Ribbands
User offline. Last seen 6 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hello

I'm using v12 and have created a table for a progress report.

How do I copy / import this table into another programme? The table definition doesn't seem to appear in the library explorer....

Any help gratefully received to avoid having to type out all the formula again...

Thanks

Abby

Replies

Abby Ribbands
User offline. Last seen 6 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for the help.

I didn't have full functionality in project explorer as it was a programme created in v11 and converted to v12 so I couldn't view the table definition and therefore couldn't copy it.

I've copied the programme into a new v12 file and can now use the table in different projects.

Abby

Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Abby,

When in Library explorer make sure that Table Definition is listed in the Contents of "Project Object"

If not, right click in the Contents area and select show all Libraries, then add Table Definition to the right hand section.

Once you have done this all tables that you have created are visible and can be copied to other projects, good idea to copy into you project template file too.

Hope this helps

Andy

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Abby - Welcome to Planning Planet

The columns in Asta are interchangeable with any spreadsheet.

So set up your data table in excell and when you have it how you want it just copy/paste back into a new PowerProject file.

Best regards

Mike Testro