Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scheduled Resource Reports

1 reply [Last post]
Chris Lothian
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a tabular report in excel so that others who cannot use Asta can view resource levels. I have used MS Project, and would very much like a table similar to that of either the Resource Sheet or Resource Usage views that are available as default in MS Project.

I need the resource name to be listed down the left column, with its daily/weekly/monthly or total assignment in a column to its right.

Thanks

Chris

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Chris

The easiest way is to set up the required columns in the left hand PowerProject spreadsheet and just copy /paste directly to excell.

Alternatively you can set up a resource Histogram view and export data directly to excell.

Finally within Asta Powerproject there is a powerful report writer that will export data directly to Excell - but that is a bit messy.

Best regards

Mike Testro