Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Drop line and Bar Colours

1 reply [Last post]
Damian Ryan
User offline. Last seen 16 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I’ve only started using thi spro about 3 hours ago, in order to help my MD out by producing a prog.

In that time i’ve managed to add columns, set the chart up as i wanted etc etc. The problem has started with trying to do the following.

1, Produce a drop line to the progress of each task

2, Colour the bars as a visual thing - i don’t particually want them to be coloured to resouce or anything like that.

I know that there are help files for this but at the moment nothing is sinking in.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Damian

Replies

Daya Sugunasingha
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Damian
First you will have to create a progress report date or data date.
Open the “Library Explorer”.
Click on the “Progress Period” Folder.
Enter the date you want the Progress Drop Line.
Close the “Library Explorer” window and return to the bar chart.
Go to “Format Bar Chart” and the “Progress” sub-folder and click on the progress date you want to show on the bar chart and close that window and return to the bar chart.
Enter the progress as % or time.
This can be done in a number of ways i.e. click drag on the bar whilst in progress mode, or enter the progress in the progress column on the chart spread sheet column or the Bar / Task Properties.
I hope that this reply is not too late for you.
Regards
Daya