Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

WBS

3 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello
I create a WBS for a project. It is composed from three (03) levels. To up from the lowest level to an up level I need weighting
I explaine what I mean:
Exp
Level 02 Piping
Level 03 : Pipe cutting
Welding
Fiting Installation
Hydrotest
Reinstatement
To weight those activities will I use the price of each activities divided by the overal price of piping (L2) or have I to count the manhoures of each activity and I divided by the overall Manhoures of piping activity.
Thanks for your help.

Replies

Salim Mekki
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hello
The weight for WBS and the weighting for CBS are different
For WBS is better to use Manhoures but for the CBS we use Cost.
Regards
Salim Mekki
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
I think for the weight it is better to use the cost. I used to do so.
Ernesto Montales
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
the steps you mentioned is a good way, typical way to give weight the major phase of a project. Its either by money or manhours. The only problem with this method is that it is static in nature. To correct this we must schedule the phase of each item using soft and hard constraint in any project management software. In this manner we are able to monitor critical activities which very vital for claims in the future,

Regards

E. Montales
Datem Construction