Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Who is doing what report

2 replies [Last post]
Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

when working with Spider, how do you actually distribute the tasks to people, in which form?

(Let us assume one scheduler for a project)

What reports is best to give to people, so that they know what and when they shall be doing?

Regards.

Evgeny

Replies

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Vladimir,

thank you for your answer. I think I need to understand better table reports.

I will post a question in a new thread

Regards.

Evgeny

There are two ways of distributing project information:

Distribute subprojects to people responsible for their execution (and maybe planning also),

Distribute plans for user defined periods in the table forms to those who are responsible for their execution.

In both cases responsible managers shall be named (Group Work/Users Table) and assigned to project phases (work packages) in Responsibility Work Breakdown Structure (one of many).

Subprojects are distributed from the Gantt Chart View (Distribute Subprojects in the project or phase pop-up menu), table forms are distributed from Actual Data Input Table (menu Actual Data Input/Distribute as documents).

Changes or actual data input are consolidated if to select Consolidate suprojects in the Gantt Chart or Consolidate from documents in the same menus.

Table forms include the list of activities that are planned for defined period with the start and finish dates, planned volumes, durations, costs, etc. People enter what was actually done. From many input tables (each for the set of works planned for certain responsible persons) actual data are collected into next project version and after rescheduling new sets of tasks planned for the next period are sent again.

Those who are responsible for reporting just fill their input tables using Spider Demo (that does not restrict table size) or Viewer, they do not require Spider license.

If people work with their subprojects as the project files (have an authority to add activities, add or change dependencies and resource assignments, etc.) then they require separate licenses if the number of activities in their subprojects exceed 40.

Professional version includes both types of group work, Desktop Plus includes only distributing and consolidating data in table forms, other versions are intended for single users.

Let me know if further details are needed.

Best Regards,

Vladimir