Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Spider Project in Middle East

3 replies [Last post]
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Vladimir,

Do you have users in Middle East?
Any particular project(s) completed, name and location?

I just read the comparison (link given by Rafael) between PM Software packages, and Spider Project is worth a P6 alternative.

Best regards,
R. Catalan

Replies

Dear R. Catalan.
this market is very interesting indeed.
We would be glad to have Middle East customers but we are passive. We never marketed our software. We always relied on happy customers that tell others about their achievements. We shall understand who and how makes the decisions on the software selection at this market.
Best Regards,
Vladimir
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Vladimir,

There are a lot of opportunities in Middle East construction industry especially the GCC countries (particularly Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar), I believe you should have plans to tap this market.

Best regards,
R. Catalan
No, we have no Middle East customers. Hong Kong, Singapore are not close enough.

Most of our customers are in the Eastern Europe where I can give a lot of references.

At the moment Spider Project is used for management of Winter Olympic Games 2014 construction program (approximately $30bln, railway and motor ways, sea port, hotels, Olympic Village and different Sport objects, Utilities, Power Plant, etc.), development of Russian Pacific Area and preparation of Asia-Pacific Summit 2012 (ocean bridges, roads, Universities, Hotels, Utilities, etc.), construction program for International Student Games in Kazan 2013, development of Bovanenkovo Oil field, construction of trans-Siberian highways, construction of Boguchan Dam, and many others multi-billion programs.
Spider Project was used for planning of Caspian pipeline and Blue Stream pipeline (in Russia) and Urucu-Manaus pipeline in Brazil. There were others less known.
And of course there are many customers who use Spider for smaller projects and not only in construction and oil&gas but also in aerospace, telecommunications, software development, manufacturing, mining, shipbuilding, etc.

The product is not new. It is used for management of large and small projects for more than 15 years and has very good reputation. Spider Project successfully competes with P6 in Russia and its neughbors. Almost all large-scale programs here are managed with Spider Project.

So there are a lot of references but none in the Middle East. I am sorry.

Best Regards,
Vladimir