Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Scheduler - Uploading of Actuals Costs into PS8

3 replies [Last post]
Calvin Raju
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

We have just migrated to SAP Business By Design, and I am struggling to download Actuals Labour sts and Material/Expense Costs into PS8. Im currently doing this manually by hand, and its not a small task, trust me.

We used to do this in the old ERP system via an MS Access database, but now Im struggling.

Any ideas how I can download Prject Costs, per task from an EXL file?

Thank you kindly.

Calvin

Replies

Calvin Raju
Hi Alexandre. My apologies.typing on my mobile is hard..i tend to get the spellings incorrect. I meant to say XML type. Like you..i love PS8...ive just managed to input 6months of ACWP into PS8...a huge task...and i want to do this as a monthly task...can you help me please? If you share your email address i will send you my XML file that i wish to input..i would like to preferable import into PS8 instead to manually typing in data..an mdb would be perfect for this application...Many thanks
Calvin Raju
Hi Alexandre. My apologies.typing on my mobile is hard..i tend to get the spellings incorrect. I meant to say XML type. Like you..i love PS8...ive just managed to input 6months of ACWP into PS8...a huge task...and i want to do this as a monthly task...can you help me please? If you share your email address i will send you my XML file that i wish to input..i would like to preferable import into PS8 instead to manually typing in data..an mdb would be perfect for this application...Many thanks
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 13 min ago. Offline

Hi Calvin,

could you emphasize ? what is an EXL file?

as far as I can remember (I do not have PS8 on my PC), it is possible to import any kind of data in a PS8 project file from an XLS, CSV or MDB file

as a fervent user of PS5/6/7/8, I would be pleased to give you a hand if possible.

Alexandre