Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Task Percentiles in Pertmaster

10 replies [Last post]
Matthew Leung
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Anyone knowing how to deal with this warning (i.e. risk data is out of date) in Pertmaster?

Thank you so much.

pertmaster.jpg

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Matthew, thats hard to asses without knowing more about your model. If you have an number of risks that are in the 0-5% probability range, then certainly, it might make a small difference.

Matthew Leung

surely there was some differences between the case of 500 iterations and 5000 iterations, especially towards P95/P100. 

Santosh Bhat

Matthew,

Interesting! Do you notice any difference in the results? I shouldn't expect any.

Matthew Leung

i just found that the only way to get rid of the warning is to run under 1000 iterations...

Santosh Bhat

Matthew,

Thanks - I can't even re-create this warning so cannot understand why it occurs. Does the warning come up if you turn off the option to calculate risk percentiles?

Matthew Leung

the warning message pop up after the analysis finish running all the iterations.

Santosh Bhat

Matthew,

I can't find anythign in my archives, and I no longer have access to Oracle Support for Primavera Risk Analysis. When do you get this message - what is the action you're performing? Are you getting P5 and P95 values displayed in the columns that match the results you see in the Distribution Graph?

Matthew Leung

Thanks a lot for your advice. I have tried to run the analysis twice, and i got the same warning message. And my setting on risk percentiles is shown below, I believe I didn't set something strange there......

2.jpg

Matthew Leung

Thanks a lot for your advice. I have tried to run the analysis twice, and i got the same warning message. And my setting on risk percentiles is shown below, I believe I didn't set something strange there......

Santosh Bhat

Matthew, I'll have to check my archive If I have any details about this specific warning, but from memory - When you run the analysis in Pertmaster/PRA, you need to specify in the options that you want certain percentile dates calculated and stored (eg. P50 Start Date, P50 Finish Date). If you've then changed any of the inputs of the risk model, this renders those calculated dates as invalid - they may not represent the Start/Finish dates of the revised model, and you need to run the analysis again, with the option to calculate the risk percentiles on again.

For what its worth - the more modern risk analysis tools, automatically calculate these dates and do it significantly faster than Pertmaster/PRA does.