Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help with QSRA

2 replies [Last post]
Debosky Wale
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

House,

I have just been handed an XER EPC schedule with about 5000 activities. I'll like to extract some set/group of activities from this schedule to perform for QSRA purposes.

Is there any workaround to do this by activity code ? appreciate your advise please

Regards,

Debo

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
If you don't need to disconnect the subject activities from the overall schedule to maintain logic (which I guess the right thing to do for risk assessment), then of course you can by way of using codes. You just use codes and filter to show only the subject activities.
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

The issue with extracting out a set of activities from an integrated schedule is that you will lose out on the logic holding it all together, and as a result the dates of the extracted set of activities may not match the original schedule. If you're comfortable in doing this, then yes you can perform such an analysis, as you're looking at the risk associated with that subset of activities in isolation to the overall project schedule.

The other options, is to import the entire schedule into your QSRA tool and to then only analyse the risks affecting that subset of activities, that is, only impact the risks onto those activities. This way the entirety of the schedule is maintained and the dates will match the original schedule.