Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transition from Maintenance Planning Engineer to EPC Project Planning

3 replies [Last post]
Rajdeep Basu
User offline. Last seen 8 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am currently working in Upstream Offshore - Oil&Gas Project in India in EPC Planning & Controls.

However I want to know if for a overseas job offer for Maintainence Planning Engineer - Downstream - Petrochemical would be good option ? In terms of long term.  Will I have scope to come back to EPC Planning profile after that or will it be difficult to be recognized in projects again?

Pl do come back.

Rgds,

RD

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Radjeep

It should not make any difference.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Rajdeep Basu
User offline. Last seen 8 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Mike. True it is. But I was expecting reply from the view of recruiters / others rather than self opinion which course I will never lose.

The query was what are the chances after that experience to be hired again for a EPC project in terms of recruiter/consultant. A forecast / opportunity cost to this Maintainence planning offer.

Regds

RD

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Radjeep

Once you have gained experience you never lose it.

Best regards

Mike Testro