Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

AACE International PSP Certification?

8 replies [Last post]
beck lee
User offline. Last seen 16 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello all,

I’m just wondering if any of you out there have gone through the AACE Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP)Certification process?.. Whether it is really internationally recognised?.. and whether the process was worth it?.. Is the exam hard?.. and can I sit the exam in Australia?.. Any other thoughts or comments on the matter?..

Thanks,

Beck

Replies

Yayan Numing
User offline. Last seen 1 year 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
U can go the PSP web site: aacei.org
U will be find some interisting point about PSP.

I already finished Examination for cce & PSP (June 27,2009)in Indonesia.
My sugesstion, get certification!
Ife Olyke
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
does anyone have or know where i can find past questins for the PSP exam? thanks.
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sitansh Desai;

Yes, i’m agree with u. Unfortunately AACE Certifications are not reconized in Brazil. Only PMI Certifications.

But i dont car... i’m studying for EVP Certification. Can u guide me to prepare fot exam?

Regards.
Sitansh Desai
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Hi Nik,

It doesn’t provide higher salaries but of course you will get priority when it comes to selection of Planning Engineer for any job opening as PSP meaning "Planning & Scheduling Professional". I believe the preparation of PSP itself clears so many ideas in the field of Planning & Scheduling. PSP will also increase your job opportunities.
nik binil
User offline. Last seen 16 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
What benefit(s)having PSP provide? Does it provide more job opportunities or higher salaries? u.S. comapnies seem not to care much

Nik
Sitansh Desai
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Hi Guys,

I have passed PSP exam 3 years back, but that is not enough. You have to validate your certification after some years by involing yourself in project management training or you need to reappear for exam again.

It is not too hard to pass the exam but it needs your practical experience and knoweldge in planning & schedule. The same can be gained by studying Operation Research books. The PSP certification is being recognized in USA, Canada as well as in Gulf Countries.

Hope Marcio Eduardo do agree with me.

Please post reply in case you need more info.
Marcio Sampaio
... and the exams seems to be very hard.
Marcio Sampaio
Hello Beck;

I have been studing about AACE certifications. Unfortunatly it is not recognised here in Brazil but seems to be in Europe.

Regards.