Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to work as planner in UK?

6 replies [Last post]
Suraj Bhatt
User offline. Last seen 9 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all!
As is evident from the PP job listings,there are lot of requirements for Planning engineers in UK.I wish to work in UK not only for the remuniration part but also to learn and become and real good planner .I am a resident of India.The problem is getting a work permit and I have no idea how to go about it.I have two years of expereince in planning.
Any suggestions??

Replies

Sara Dean
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Why don’t you contact the UK embassy in your country and ask if your nationality can apply for a working holiday visa? If you can, get over to the UK, get yourself a job in London, work hard and maybe you can then apply for a skilled migrant visa after you’ve proved you can successfully do the job.
Balaji Surendiran
User offline. Last seen 12 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Suraj....

i Hope ur way of thinking and mine is more or less the same. I also have expereince of 2.5 years. Now i’m working in South africa.

I have applied lot of jobs in UK through PP but mostly i left out with no response.

You can mail me at bala_vrce@yahoo.com

Regards,
Balaji
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Surat,

Keep applying in PP for planning job in UK. Eventually you will get a job in UK.

If there is a will, then there is a way of getting that coveted job in UK.

I wish you all the best.

Charlie
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Blair

Good Business in India.

Keep it up
Suraj Bhatt
User offline. Last seen 9 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Gordon!I’ll keep trying till I get there:-)
Suraj
Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Your best bet would be to pursue employment with a large multinational.

I’ve just left Glaxo Smithkline, who have a large presence in India, and retain large numbers of Planners.

Organisations such as these are very keen to employ young talented individuals, train them and employ them throughout their business.

I was working on an IT Project where the majority of the development team were GSK India employees on secondment in London.

Although it must be said, having worked alongside the GSK India Staff, you are just as likely to get high quality training in India as in the UK.

Anyway, keep plugging away, and who knows what will happen?