Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

HELP ME

9 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I need urgent Job in UAE. I request to all Planning Planet Members, please help me in this case.

Being Planning Engineer of High Rise Buildings and Roads since last 10 years in Asia. Now I change the Job and need in this regard the help of all Planning Planet members especially in UAE.

Since this is the Forum of Planning and Helping so I hope you pepole surely help this needy planner in UAE.

My e-mail address is as under:

lasmodn@yahoo.com

Replies

Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dear Guest, of 6:50, I am sorryfor You, but first of all I am sign in and not remain in the shadow been afraid of what I am writing, also if can not like to few or to a lot of people.

To the last Guest, I wish if the dame of 06:50, I did not gave any warning, as I am not the owner of the site and also I am not one of the moderator to give any warning.

I just give my oppinion, that is remaining the same.
Also I read and read again my post and the follow ones of the guest, I think I was not insulting any one, but if some one was is still in the shadow.

I wrote was was my understanding of the Section "Project Services Career Issues", if You have a different idea we can discuss, this is a forum.
Pay attention i was polite because if I was to reply in the same way You wrote I should bad.

When You wirte "A man posted in this site with some hopes twice and thrice but members do not it take serious and always refer the matter to JOB Page." may be is because is not only in my understanding that this section is not to ask work!

I am not writing nothing about the email police of the site as, I repeat again, is not mine I not manage it, but this is its rules.

If tomorrow You go to live in Canada, for example, and You do not like some Canadian rules, what You do?
Start to write bad of the state, or of how is living there?
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
    Afterall we are all Planning members and come in this Forum to teach something not to taunt anyone.

I interpret your post previous to my last as taunting (insulting at the least) to one of the members. The PP team should be posting some guidelines for the use of the forums which will specifically prohibit such behaviour. It has no place in forum of professionals.

Posts such as that are an abuse of the Forum Guest privilage. There are already many discussions in private among the moderators for closing the door on the Forum Guest privilage. Rest assured that your abuse of the system does not help the cause for those who need it. The warning is not an idle comment.

I do not own the Planning Planet. I volunteered to assist in moderating the forums. Moderating includes steering discussions to keep them on topic and free of personal taunts, insults and flames. We (the moderatoring team) are working on a set of guidelines that should be published in the near future (hopefully) that will make clear for all what is expected from the membership. A forum of professionals should exhibit respect for others even when disagreements arise.

A man posted in this site with some hopes twice and thrice but members do not it take serious and always refer the matter to JOB Page.

It is presumptuous and wrong to assume that the lack of a response to a thread is because members do not take a post seriously (or is discrimination as asserted in the "baseless" thread referenced above). As I and others have tried to point out, the PP membership is very responsive to help when and where they are able. There are thousands of posts in the forums where members assist one another as they are able.

If you take the time to review this forum, you will see the large majority of job requests go unanswered. I stand by my previous comments as to the reasons for this. Whether I am right or wrong, there is no basis for lashing out at the membership.

Moreover despite repeated requests and more than one year you people could not establish a private e-mail as do other forum so that on discretion of any body one may get HELP.

It is my understanding that the PP team (which currently consists of one person - the owner) is working on that. The development and implementation of a private messaging system is not a simple, uncomplicated endeavor. The PP team decided some time ago to forego commercial forum software in favor of something homemade. I think they have done a fantastic job so far.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software

P.S. If the Forum Guest who posted the last two times to this thread is not the same person as the author who started the thread, you should state so in your posts out of respect to the original author. As it stands, your posts appear to be from the original author and it reflects poorly on him and does not help his cause IMO. I would suggest to future forum guests seeking assistance in this arena to register as a member to avoid this possibility in the future.
Forum Guest
WOW Finally you cover here LUCA. No problem. As regards my concern I need no job. Ok. and your threat " Warning to Members " is totally contradictory and not acceptable to us. If you want to threat/issue warning on these minor things which is "Opinion" not insulting, this shows you have adopted dual policy. Please try to see the things in light of facts and not become so aggressive to show " Warning to Members" instantly. If you become "ONE Man Show " you may do it becuase its your website. What can I say more. I just come in this section to help that guy which come in this forum for his Help and I posted here my opinion in respect of HELP not for insulting or abusing anybody. Afterall we are all Planning members and come in this Forum to teach something not to taunt anyone. Anyhow we should think about social works also i.e for others not for his own because it is seen that members of palnning are so .... that they think about himself not for others. A man posted in this site with some hopes twice and thrice but members do not it take serious and always refer the matter to JOB Page. Sometimes through jobs someone do not get job and that’ why he consult here for reference and cry for help in this section. If you people do not want help please delete this Section so pepole always consult JOB page. Moreover despite repeated requests and more than one year you people could not establish a private e-mail as do other forum so that on discretion of any body one may get HELP. Also your criteria to send any private message to its contacts make so complicated and kept in your own hands so one can get message after scrutiny after one month. That’s why People come in this section for JOB. Plesae try to concentrate to modify this beloved web sitefor ease of members and do not show Threat " Warning to members" immediately Planning will not remain for whole life with you. We should also make social contacts by helping others. This is the conclusion. Accept it . Do not delete this thread.
Bernard Ertl
Wow.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you do not like (or disagree with) opinions of others, there is no need to get personal or insulting. Please review the warning to all forum guests.

IMO, lashing out at people with whom you disagree is not likely to engender much good will or support for your cause. I suggest you try a more proactive approach to your job search and directly contact possible employers in the area(s) you seek.

Bernard Ertl
Forum Guest
Luca

You cannot disagree with Bernard’s opinion whether your answer relates to topic or not because you want to become numero one in this forum undershade of Bernard’s ACCEPTANCE.

Thus in these circumstance how can you show your disagreement with HIM on any topic. This is priciple of promotion in Life .Am I right dear LuCa?
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Sorry Forum Guest, but I am agree with Bernard,
The section of this forum is “Project Services Career Issues” and for my point of view should be used to share knowledge between planners more than asking around for work.
This section should be used to ask help in choose the best training (from courses, book, membership to associations, etc …)
Planning planet web site has a good section “Job Page” that allow You to see the latest planner requirement divided by geographical area.
I think the request of work should be deleted as not congruent with the scope of this section.
May be a new section must added in the “Job Page” where the planners can post their CV, putting their request, experience and preferred country where to work.
Forum Guest
Dear Bernard,

Please acknowledge that this forum contains the top most ranked planners which have to selected planners for their companies on their own behalf and in this respect recommendation is totally on their discretion. So your statement is incorrect that most Planning Planet members are not in a position to hire or recommend people for jobs.

But those who have in senior mangement, senior position and also have recommendation authourity should consider such cases and select good planners on their ability from all around the world not concentrate on one place .

I think the matter will be considered under above circumstances.
Bernard Ertl
Dear Forum Guest, please understand that most Planning Planet members are not in a position to hire or recommend people for jobs. Please review the Planning Planet is Baseless thread. Good luck with your job search.

Bernard Ertl
Forum Guest
This is BIG World . No one have any job for this guy. Please try to help others. Having something not to give others is not better. So its all our duty to Help each other. This forum should not be limited to discussions Planning only also to HELP OTHERS moto should be considered.