Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calling on help from more experienced planners.

3 replies [Last post]
DAVID SMITH
User offline. Last seen 6 years 1 week ago. Offline
Dear All,

I am just starting my career in the planning world, i am British (male 23yrs old) with a good degree from a good uni in the uk in Business management. I have been lucky enough to get work experince on a oil and gas project in Singapore on a large FPSO. I have done a course in P3 and use it daily at work. My work experince is for 6 months and after this I will be released into the big wide world of planning.

I am now into week 10 of my work experience and am capable of forming plans, coding, progressing, s curves, resourcing, costing and numerous forms of different ways of manipulating the plan.

I am trying hard to become very fluid on all microsoft application (excel, access, PP,) to up my level of being able to display data in relevant and informative ways.

I am asking for your experience of planning to advise me with what other skills i should make sure i have before i leave this work experience to allow me to be employable as a junior planner. I would like to stay in the Gas and Oil side of Planning.

Questions i would like answering are:

- Best way to look for a job, where, when & how sort of thing.
- Best way to forward and progress my career upwards
- What exactly would you expect a junior planner to be capable of?
- I like travelling so foriegn posting are what i would love, how to shape my career as an expat?
- Are there any web sites that are useful to planners?

I kow this is a lot of questions to ask, but i am findin little guidance and would greatly appreciate any help and advice from you all.

Kindest regards

David Smith

Replies

Azer Jabbarov
User offline. Last seen 6 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Guys, it is very easy.
You go to www.bp.com site. There in a ’select the country’ box you choose Azerbaijan. From there you can both learn about BP’s activities in Azerbaijan and contact with them.

Regards, Azer
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Azer,

Are tere places for Planners with you? If so i will apply. Thank you for your help.

Dear Oliver,

I will indead also give you a ring over the next ring over the next week for a chat and your help and advise woul dbe greatly appreciated.

Thank you both for your help

David Smith
Azer Jabbarov
User offline. Last seen 6 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Apply to BP and come to Azerbaijan.