Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calling on help from more experienced planners.

3 replies [Last post]
DAVID SMITH
User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

I am just starting my career in the planning world, i am British (male 23yrs old) with a good degree from a good uni in the uk in Business management. I have been lucky enough to get work experince on a oil and gas project in Singapore on a large FPSO. I have done a course in P3 and use it daily at work. My work experince is for 6 months and after this I will be released into the big wide world of planning.

I am now into week 10 of my work experience and am capable of forming plans, coding, progressing, s curves, resourcing, costing and numerous forms of different ways of manipulating the plan.

I am trying hard to become very fluid on all microsoft application (excel, access, PP,) to up my level of being able to display data in relevant and informative ways.

I am asking for your experience of planning to advise me with what other skills i should make sure i have before i leave this work experience to allow me to be employable as a junior planner. I would like to stay in the Gas and Oil side of Planning.

Questions i would like answering are:

- Best way to look for a job, where, when & how sort of thing.
- Best way to forward and progress my career upwards
- What exactly would you expect a junior planner to be capable of?
- I like travelling so foriegn posting are what i would love, how to shape my career as an expat?
- Are there any web sites that are useful to planners?

I kow this is a lot of questions to ask, but i am findin little guidance and would greatly appreciate any help and advice from you all.

Kindest regards

David Smith

Replies

Azer Jabbarov
User offline. Last seen 11 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Guys, it is very easy.
You go to www.bp.com site. There in a ’select the country’ box you choose Azerbaijan. From there you can both learn about BP’s activities in Azerbaijan and contact with them.

Regards, Azer
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Azer,

Are tere places for Planners with you? If so i will apply. Thank you for your help.

Dear Oliver,

I will indead also give you a ring over the next ring over the next week for a chat and your help and advise woul dbe greatly appreciated.

Thank you both for your help

David Smith
Azer Jabbarov
User offline. Last seen 11 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Apply to BP and come to Azerbaijan.