Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Works not reflecting accepted programme

3 replies [Last post]
William Norman
User offline. Last seen 6 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi I hope this has been posted in the right place...

I have a situation where a contractor has had a clause 31 programme accepted however from day one the construction team are undertaking works in a different sequence... they clause 32 is due in 3 weeks time however we are trying to monitor the current programme with our construction programme and using collaborative planning session. 

Changes are also taking place which under the NEC have to be assesed using the accepted programme for delay, In this situation would I be in the right to request an updated programme before the clause 32 is due citing that works are not being carried out as planned??

Updating the programme has become difficult due to this choping and changing as we don't know what order they will undertake the works...

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 1 hour ago. Offline

that is the best and only solution 

William Norman
User offline. Last seen 6 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Hi thanks for your reply...

I am working with the subbie planner to build a new programme which reflects the actual way the work is being carried out.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 1 hour ago. Offline

ANY deviation from the plan must be explained in a narrative as to the reason for the change of the paln and the schedule must be revused to reflect the new plan. If not twhat use is the schedule. The schedule is meant to be a planning tool. How can you plan for any of the required material, equipment or manpower if the plan does not reflect current conditions ? Answer is that you can't therefore the schedule is flawed and needs to be revised to reflect the new conditions.