Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

My Proposed Amendments to Project Management Practice

2 replies [Last post]
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

I believe that the way we practice project management needs improvement. There are a lot of things that could be done better – but I decided to assemble a little list of a double handful of changes/enhancements that I believe, were they to be implemented, would have a major beneficial impact on the way projects are performed.

You can find the article here:

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan

Replies

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Rafael, whenever I see that you or Mike Testro has made a comment in one of my threads, I kinda hold my breath. It's not that the two of you are at all unreasonable or ill-mannered -- quite the contrary, you are discerning and constructive.

Both of you also know more about both PM software and about practical application of PM (at least in construction) than I do, as most of my practical experience has been limited to consulting -- valuable, yes, but not quite the same as actually running the project.

As a result, I always take a breath of relief when your comments are positive. I regard it as a high compliment here at PlanningPlanet.

So thanks for this comment.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan 

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 13 min ago. Offline

No 2 and no 9 are my favorites, in no way exclisive of each other, on the contrary to better understand one the other is needed.

Best Regards,

Rafael