Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Only allowing a certain user to view part of the overall Programme in Primavera Project Management

4 replies [Last post]
Andrew Oakes
User offline. Last seen 12 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Does anybody know if it is possible to only allow a certain user on project management to view a part of a programme rather than all the activites?

I either need to only allow access to certain activites or only allow access to a certain part of the WBS within this programme.

Can anybody tell me how to do this?  What security Privledges are invloved and whether i need to use responsible manager to make it work?

Thanks

Andy

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Anoon Iimos

I heard that all were able to leave the country without any damage.

Good luck to you!

Dieter

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Dieter,

Glad to hear from you again, just lucky to learn a lot and be out of el brega...

Best regards

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Andrew

Any user who has read access to a project can see the complete project; only financial data and secure codes can be excluded.

You can solve this issue by separating the project - from customer's point of view - into more P6-projects. Then it's easy to create the access right as you'll need them, e.g. to allow special users only to see their data.

Hope this helps.

Dieter

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 52 min ago. Offline

In a similar way you can control what activities can a user edit you shall be able to control what details he can see up to the individual field level per individual user.

Depending on how your software works controlling editing of fields can be easier than controlling what you can see and what you cannot, but it can easily be done. Just make sure you do not leave any open doors to the data you want to keep confidential.

Maybe for most PP users of P6 limiting editing is enough and providing a view only to other activities is no issue.

Be careful to transfer files along with access control. I would even recommend better use PDF files than risk exposing confidential data.

Some software allows you to purge cost data for when you need to transfer file to the Owner and you have confidential cost data into your file, this is easier and safer than using access control.