Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Earn 60 PDUs (and more) for FREE for PMPs

1 reply [Last post]
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi PP,

This gentleman did a great job assembling this information, I hope that you benefit from it:

"

http://www.examiner.com/x-36104-Miami-Project-Management-Examiner~y2010m...

How to Earn 60 PDUs (and more) for FRE E towards your PMP Certification
April 3, 12:50 PMMiami Project Management ExaminerSimon ClevelandPrevious Next 10 comments Subscribe Subscribe

In my article How to earn your PMP in just 8 weeks I offered you a quick and relatively inexpensive way to earn your PMP certification. Now I’d like to congratulate you. You are finally a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). You studied hard, you proved you can pass the PMP exam and now you are reaping the fruits of your labor. As you continue on your successful path of managing challenging projects, I’d like to remind you that in order to keep your PMP certification, you need to report to the Project Management Institute (PMI) at least 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) in a 3 calendar year-cycle.

This may sound overwhelming, expensive and quite discouraging. Some of you may be too busy to give a Project Management lecture at a PM seminars (worth 10 PDUs), let alone write an article (actually worth 30 PDUs) or write a book on the topics of project management (worth 40 PDUs). But guess what? There is a way you can earn more than 60 PDUs (and transfer up to 20 PDUs for your next cycle) online absolutely free of charge. The key is to start early and to be persistent.

First, download the PMI’s PMP Handbook and read quickly Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) Program section. It’ll familiarize you on PMI’s expectations on how to earn and report your PDUs in order to keep your PMP certification active. Then, follow the links below and start earning:

1) Earn 30 PDUs in Category 2:

a. Category 2 –SDL: Self-Directed Learning:

15 PDUs - Visit http://pm411.org/ and start listening to their free podcasts. 60 minutes of listening qualifies for 1 PDU you can claim. Remember you can claim up to 15 PDUs from this type per each 3-year cycle. Keep a record of what you heard as PMI.org may audit your claims.
b. Category 2 H: Practitioner of project and/or program management services:

15 PDUs per 3-year cycle. Did you work as a Project Manager for more than 1,500 project hours during the past 3 calendar years? If so, you can claim these and it costs you nothing.
2) Earn 85 PDUs (yes, you can transfer up to 20 PDUs towards your next 3-year cycle) under Category 3 - PMI Registered Education Providers. And yes, these are all free:

a. 26 PDUs - Visit the International Institute of Learning’s web site. It has a number of podcasts and webinars for free:

2 PDUs – Hear Dr. Harold Kerzner’s 8 Modules Podcasts series on PM’s Best Practices, Executive and Line Managers in Project Management and the PMO. These qualify for 2 PDUs.
20 PDUs when you register to take over 20 Webinars offered by the institute, each worth 1 PDU
b. 24 PDUs - Visit Solution’s Cube Group site and register for two FREE live webinars offered each month, worth 1PDU each.

c. 18 PDUs - Visit IBM’s Rational Project and Portfolio Management certification training e-kit site. There are four free interactive training courses each worth 4 PDUs and one free course worth 2 PDUs.

d. 5 PDUs - Visit Provedia Learning Inc’s site and take the free course on Rescuing Troubled Projects worth 5 PDUs .

3) Earn 12 PDUs under Category 4 – Other Program Provider:

a. 12 PDUs – Visit Rita Mulcahy’s RMC Project Management, Inc site. It offers 12 free pre-recorded webinars per calendar year each worth 1 PDU.

Did you know that Categories 3 and 4 have no maximum on how many PDUs you can claim? So go ahead, listen and claim. And keep in mind, not only are you going to learn a lot by taking these PDUs, but you can return to many of these sites each cycle and earn your PDU requirements again for free. Good luck and share this knowledge with your fellow PMP-ers.

"

I hope that you start using them and complete your required PDUs (if you need them).

With kind regards,

Samer

Replies

Vcube04 v
User offline. Last seen 11 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

If you are looking to earn PDUs, may I interest you with over 21 PDUs for FREE? 

Visit http://www.ProplanX.com
Here you will find for FREE*
(a) PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner online course (worth 21 PDUs)  
(b) PMI-ACP full length mock exam
The above resources can help you prepare for PMI-ACP exam as well as earn you PDUs. 
And as a bonus, ProplanX will also provide you course completion certificate! 
(Please note: As per PMI, 1 PDU = approx. 1 hour of activity; * For limited time only)